Thursday, January 15, 2009
Pride & Prejudice
I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It took me 2 1/2 months, but I did it! I have to admit that I didn't get into this book until the last 100 pages or so, so I'm not really credible for book-talking this, but I really did like it- it was just hard to understand. More of a 10th grade level or so... not something your average 7th grader picks up and finishes in 2 weeks.
I really liked how Mr. Darcy was so in love with Elizabeth that he didn't care if she hated him at the moment, that he would just try his hardest to get her to love him.
- Why isn't Puerto Rico a state when Hawaii is?
- What is the most important thing that everything is based on in this world?
- Why do we say "a lie" and "the truth"?
- What is truth?
- Why do we park in a drvieway and drive in a parkway?
- How do we know atoms exist if we have never seen them before?
- Why do people use cigarettes when it says on the cover something along the lines of "these might kill you"
- Why do people only use DVDs instead of VHS when DVDs get scratched?
- What is the difference between a blue ray and a regular DVD?