I am just finishing reading this great book. It is a sequel to Anne of Green Gables, and I love it. It is very insightful and it is one of my all-time favorites.
I have been reading the Anne of Green Gables series since my mom reccomended the first book to me. The other books are as well-written, but there seems to be something more in this book. Something that there cannot be peace always.
This book was written by L.M. Montgomery, who lived from 1874-1942. Her book takes place in 1914-1918, during the times of WW 2. It's amazing how much impact a war can have on people.
" 'And two years ago this morning I woke wondering what delightful gift the new day would give me. These are the two years I thought would be filled with fun.'
'Would you exchange them -now- for two years filled with fun?'
'No,' said Rilla slowly. 'I wouldn't. It's strange- isn't it?- They have been two terrible years- and yet I have a queer feeling of thankfullness for them- as if they had brought me something very precious, with all their pain. I wouldn't want to go back and be the girl I was two years ago, not even if I could. Not that I've made any wonderful progress- but I'm not quite the selfish, frivolous little doll I was then. I suppose I had a soul then, Miss Oliver- but I didn't know it. I know it now- and that is worth a great deal- worth all the suffering of the past two years."
One thing I learned from this book is that war makes people older in spirit. And that makes me feel sure that we are in a war today.
- Why isn't Puerto Rico a state when Hawaii is?
- What is the most important thing that everything is based on in this world?
- Why do we say "a lie" and "the truth"?
- What is truth?
- Why do we park in a drvieway and drive in a parkway?
- How do we know atoms exist if we have never seen them before?
- Why do people use cigarettes when it says on the cover something along the lines of "these might kill you"
- Why do people only use DVDs instead of VHS when DVDs get scratched?
- What is the difference between a blue ray and a regular DVD?